My other blog
- Complementarity and Civility
- Copenhagen – the play
- Responses from Lucy and Zac
- Questions for Zac and Lucy
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- Illusion of Explanatory Depth
- 2008 Financial Crisis: What can we learn?
- 2008 Financial Crisis: What happened?
- Free Speech Pioneers
- Bennington Battle Day
- Zac Mayo for House
- Open Meeting Law
- Dillon’s Rule
- About Town Meeting
- How does one become a selectboard member?
- What is the selectboard’s job?
- Learning about town government
- Cambridge Town Hall
- Dana Sweet Wins Marvin Award
- Penalty for filing a tax form late
Introduction to this blog
Monthly Archives: September 2018
Financial markets crashed ten years ago. See my previous post for what happened and comments about the graph to the left. This post is about lessons that we can learn from that crisis. What caused the 2008 financial crisis? People … Continue reading
Financial markets crashed ten years ago. What happened? If we are to learn from the past, we must first remember the past. In September 2008 I was the CEO of a financial institution – Yankee Farm Credit, part of the … Continue reading